Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Park Avenue Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 63 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families.
Position: Client Care Coordinator/Social Worker
Reports To: Supervisor II
Location: 4607 Park Avenue Bronx, NY 10458
What The Client Care Coordinator/Social Worker Does:
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake applications, screenings and forms.
- Create and maintain client files and make file copies.
- Conduct initial risk assessment of clients and clients’ families.
- Prepare initial biopsychosocial evaluation and update according to regulations.
- Provide a range of “instant response” services when a client’s immediate well-being and safety is threatened.
- In collaboration with clients and case managers, assist in the preparation of initial Independent Living Plan (ILP), including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by identifying community resources and by referring clients to appropriate services both within and outside CAMBA (i.e., medical services and psychiatric services, etc.).
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Consult with others both inside and outside of CAMBA to determine causes of client problems and effect solutions.
- Act as advocate on behalf of clients and client families’ to arrange for medical, psychiatric, educational and other tests and examinations that may disclose causes of client difficulties and indicate remedial measures.
- Attempt to alter clients’ and their families’ attitudes and behaviors that cause or aggravate problems.
- Facilitate or participate in case conferences with all stakeholders in clients life to ensure collaborative approach to services.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Lead group counseling sessions and psychoeducation to enhance social development and psychological education of individual clients and provide peer support.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled face-to-face contacts/sessions.
- Document client contact via progress notes within 48 hours or 3 business days.
- Periodically reassess clients and update services plans and goals to reflect current status.
- Follow-up with clients for a period of time after successful completion of their primary goals to assure client stability (aftercare).
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required within one year of date of hire. This license must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this role and any other CAMBA positions for which it is required. If Counselor II fails to obtain the LMSW within one year of the date of hire, the orientation period may be extended for six months at CAMBA’s discretion. If Counselor II fails to obtain the required LMSW on CAMBA’s required timeline, they will be terminated.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
Compensation: – $58,000.00 to $62,000 annually-
Status: -Full-time (35 hours per week) or Part-time (x hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.