Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s The Landing Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 169 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The three story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Client Care Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Social Services
Location: 9400 Ditmars Boulevard, Queens, NY 11369
What the Client Care Coordinator Does: Client Care Coordinators are responsible for the delivery of onsite client services, including groups and workshops for families, crisis interventions and 1:1 support, as well as referrals to mental health and related service providers.
- In collaboration with the social service staff, work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Assist clients in completing all CAMBA intake application screenings and forms. Conduct initial risk assessment of clients and clients’ families.
- Prepare biopsychosocial evaluation and update according to regulations.
- In collaboration with clients and case managers, assist in the preparation of initial Independent Living Plan (ILP), including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Counsel clients regarding issues such as: abusive behavior, family dynamics, healthy personal choices, substance abuse, mental and physical health/trauma related issues.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) required.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Must obtain Annual PPD Test.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.