Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 158 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Position: Client Care Supervisor (Part Time)
Reports To: Director of Social Services
Location: 196 Amboy Street, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What the Part-Time Client Care Supervisor Does:
- Responsible for team supervision, provision of information and training to team members on psychoeducation, mental health assessments and techniques such as motivational interviewing.
- Ensures smooth day-to-day supervision in social services and consults with professional and technical personnel to bring a multidisciplinary approach to client care, develop linkage agreements and serve as liaison with other community based organizations and local mental health service providers.
- In collaboration with the social service staff, work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with low-income, high-needs families.
- Knowledgeable about child development, trauma informed care, culturally affirming and responsive work, and family-based clinical interventions.
- Must obtain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance, The Register of Substantiated Category One Cases of Abuse or Neglect aka Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and Criminal history information checks via fingerprinting with New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services prior to start of employment.
- Ability to maintain clearances throughout the duration of employment.
Compensation: $36.00 – 40.00 per hour
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.