Who We Are :CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 20,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Magnolia House Women’s Shelter, located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, serves 200 single women at any given time. The majority of these clients are diagnosed with mental illness, some dually with chemical addictions as well. CAMBA operates Magnolia House and other homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing.
Position: Clinical Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location: 1424 Herkimer Street Brooklyn, NY 11233
The Clinical Supervisor is expected, under general direction to ensure the smooth day to day running and supervision of social services staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures and protocols. Magnolia House is located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn that serves 200 single women at any given time. The majority of these clients are diagnosed with mental illness, some dually with chemical addictions as well.
- Planning and executing shelter activities, meeting contracted goals, ensuring that all direct reporting staff complete individual and group case management documentation notes, housing applications, ILPs and referrals to providers, including psychiatric referrals, service plans, recertifications and psychiatric assessments.
- Collaborating to develop programming to address clients’ needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and/or employment.
- Providing crisis management and interventions with clients, ensure teamwork and ensure consistent services in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Client Engagement – also develop workshops for client engagement, conduct field visits, plan programming to increase community and citywide resources and incentives for client participation.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree required. A license or limited permit is required of these Master’s Degrees: LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LCAT.
- New grads welcome.
- Clinical supervision provided.
- Some supervisory experience is a must.(doesn’t have to be in social services)
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.