Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Clinical Supervisor
Reports To: Director of Social Services
Location: Williamsburg, Brooklyn
What The Clinical Supervisor Worker Does: The Clinical Supervisor is expected, under general direction to ensure the smooth day to day running and supervision of social services staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures and protocols.
- Planning and executing shelter activities, meeting contracted goals, ensuring that all direct reporting staff complete individual and group case management documentation notes, housing applications, ILPs and referrals to providers, including psychiatric referrals, service plans, recertification and psychiatric assessments.
- Collaborating to develop programming to address clients’ needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and/or employment.
- Providing crisis management and interventions with clients, ensure teamwork and ensure consistent services in accordance with program policies and procedures.
- Client Engagement – also develop workshops for client engagement, conduct field visits, plan programming to increase community and citywide resources and incentives for client participation.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Licensed Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Master’s Degree in Counseling/Guidance and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) required within one year of date of hire. This license must be maintained throughout the course of employment in this role and any other CAMBA positions for which it is required. If you fail to obtain your LMSW within one year of the date of hire, your orientation period may be extended for six months at CAMBA’s discretion. If you fail to obtain the required LMSW on CAMBA’s required timeline you will be terminated.
- Supervisory experience a must.
Compensation: $58,500 – $63,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.