Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Trinity Financial has developed and CAMBA will provide on-site support services at Van Dyke III, a 180 unit supportive/affordable housing development for individuals and families. Van Dyke III will be located on the campus of Van Dyke Houses, a NYCHA-owned public housing development in the Brownsville neighborhood in Brooklyn. The Van Dyke facility will provide 54 units for New York/New York III formerly homeless families under NYC 15/15. The remaining 126 units will provide housing for low-income households, including a live-in superintendent. CAMBA will have a full on-site office suite and offer case management to promote healthy living, connection to medical, mental health and substance treatment, and assisting tenants to access and maintain public benefits; computer trainings and resume workshops within the on-site computer library; financial literacy programs; access and referral services to other CAMBA programs and local organizations and service providers; community-building activities to help integrate the tenants; and additional supports as needed to help tenants succeed and remain stably housed.
Position: Clinical Supervisor
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 405 Dumont Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11207
What The Clinical Supervisor Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of social services staff and services in accordance with program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols; including the following:
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets.
- Motivate, coach and counsel direct reporting staff to excel.
- Complete client psychiatric assessments, as necessary.
- Ensure that all direct reporting staff completes all necessary case management documentations including assessments and service plans, and referrals to providers as required.
- Ensure that all client charting documentation are up-to-date and reflect services provided such as service plans, re-certifications and psychiatric assessments.
- Assist with the development of program content to address residents needs related to housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health and employment.
- Provide assistance, interventions and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
- Encourage teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Conduct and document one-on-on supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance i.e. identify training needs, professional development etc.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) and document via progress notes.
- Review all documentation related to clients’ progress for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for directed reporting staff.
- Conduct chart auditing of client files (i.e., paper and electronically).
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Manage own time effectively and coordinate program activities to maximize time of direct reporting staff.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Task may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Knowledge of supportive housing services operations.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.