Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Brooklyn YAS (Youth against Substance Misuse) is committed to creating community-level change that will reduce risk factors and promote protective factors that prevent substance misuse among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning/queer (LGBTQ+) and other youth in the neighborhoods of Crown Heights, Flatbush, East Flatbush, Wingate and Prospect-Lefferts Garden (Community Boards 9 and 17). The coalition represents a diverse array of members from different sectors that are invested in preventing or delaying substance use initiation among LGBTQ+ and other youth.
Position: Coalition Coordinator
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 1259 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What the Coalition Coordinator Does:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running and supervision of program-related staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Work with Director and members to create and implement a comprehensive social marketing and social media plan and calendar.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the coalition members on utilization of the Strategic Prevention Framework.
- Coordinate trainings/presentations for coalition and/or community members.
- Coordinate the collection of assessment and evaluation data.
- Liaise with diverse sectors of the community to expand the reach of the coalition.
- Recruit, orient, and develop strategies to retain coalition members.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience, knowledge of, and/or ability to work with LGBTQ+ youth and young adults.
- Knowledge of health communications and evidence-based substance misuse prevention strategies preferred.
- Experience working with coalitions, community-level programs, and community engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic and tactical thinker and creative problem-solver.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.