Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative (HomeBase) is a CAMBA program that provides case management and essential services to 600 at-risk individuals and families in Bedford-Stuyvesant and Staten Island to prevent homelessness. Individuals and families receive services that help them overcome problems with public benefits, housing, education, health care and other issues that could impede their ability to maintain stable households.
Position: Community Liaison/Driver
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: Varies Between Several Sites in Brooklyn and Staten Island
What the Community Liaison Does:
- Interact with clients, their families, the community-at-large, and school administrative personnel to monitor attendance and participation in program activities
- Drive Passenger Van to various locations to facilitate outreach within a wide variety of neighborhoods
- Coordinate any and all outreach and client recruitment activities
- Develop and implement monthly outreach calendar
- Coordinate Case Managers outreach activities in conjunction with Supervisors
- Conduct outreach to potential clients including but not limited to: community agencies, schools, city agencies, elected officials, religious organizations, legal organizations, public parks, day-care centers, medical/substance abuse/mental health programs, local businesses, and CAMBA in-house programs
- Design benefits-based presentations for community providers, local offices of government agencies, etc. to ensure their awareness of the Homelessness Prevention Initiative
- Implement a marketing plan for the program within the marketing budget guidelines
- Act as liaison with agency, school administration and city agencies, and may attend community meetings
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience
- Must have Valid New York State Driver’s License and excellent driving history
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA’s point system throughout the duration of employment
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish, Haitian-Creole, French, Mandarin, Russian, and/or Ukrainian preferred but not required.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.