Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 20,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Young Adult Empowerment Services Program (YES): The Young Adult Empowerment Services (YES) Bed Stuy partnership is a cross-sector partnership to provide meaningful education and employment opportunities with the goal of creating financial security and economic mobility for our participants. We provide out-of-school and out-of-work young adults of the Bed Stuy neighborhood ages 18 to 24 years old with essential skills training, professional credentialing, wraparound services, and meaningful employment opportunities.
Position: Youth Career Navigator (Community Liaison II)
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 955 Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Community Liaison II Does: The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to interact with clients, their families, the community-at-large, and school administrative personnel to monitor attendance and participation in program activities.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. plus 2 years of Youth Development Experience. Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent college credits preferred.
- Must obtain Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; doctor’s note certifying good health; proof of negative results from TB test.
- Must have access to a computer and reliable internet and phone service.
- Knowledge and interest in database management
- Commitment to the YES Bed Stuy mission statement.
- Familiarity with the Bed Stuy neighborhood and local institutions.
- Familiarity with the youth development or workforce field and institutions, including professional or lived experience.
- Interest and/or experience in working with young adults.
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- A comfort with independent work and decision-making.
- A comfort with youth-facing marketing tools, including social media and technology.
Compensation: $27.20 hourly
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs.