Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Vincent Cyrus Plaza 57 (VCP 57) is a 43 unit affordable/supportive housing development located in the East Harlem section of New York City. The 43 units are studio apartments set aside for formerly homeless people with HIV/AIDS. CAMBA is the on-site service provider at VCP 57 and offers case management and 24/7 security.
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 57 East 128th Street, New York, NY 10035
What The Cook Does:
- Prepare and cook healthy, nutritious meals according to menu and number of people to be served.
- Plan menu according to foods in season and local availability.
- Order and inventory supplies and food.
- Create and maintain accurate records and accounts.
- Bake breads and pastries.
- Clean and cut meats, poultry, fish and vegetables prepared for meals or refrigeration.
- Serve all meals on time according to the schedule.
- Clean up kitchen (i.e. stove, refrigerator, wash dishes) and dining areas after meals.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sufficient education (English-speaking, -reading, -writing, & math abilities) to write and understand written menus and recipes and to inventory and order supplies and food.
- Participate in Department of Health Food Protection 15 hour Course and pass exam.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
Compensation: $18.14 hourly