Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The Crisis Management System is a supporting a set of interrelated services to reduce gun violence in over 88 schools across 40 target neighborhoods. The school-based services component is designed to provide culturally competent programming to at-risk youth to reduce the likelihood of their involvement in violence in their school or community with the goal of increasing their engagement at school as measured through attendance, academic progress, and other measures. The program can also include school-wide activities to assist in changing the culture around violence and to assist schools in their response to incidents that occur in the school or community. Participants should reside in or near the target Cure Violence (CV) catchment area, and be selected based on their risk for, and previously documented engagement in, violence or other infractions in the school or community in consultation with the principal or other school-based leaders plus the designated service provider.
Position: Youth Facilitator II
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1667 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Outreach Supervisor Does:
The person filling this position is expected to:
- Support at-risk youth in their efforts to demonstrate an improvement in overall school attendance and academic achievement
- Engage with students involved in incidents of violence or other infractions in school or within the community.
- Develop a set of services in coordination with the Principal/designee and CV provider (where applicable) to best serve these youth
- Monitor daily attendance in the form of sign-in sheets, exported data logs from remote sessions and related reports
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Proven three years of professional experience/specialization
- Ability to obtain and maintain:
- Doctor’s note certifying good health
- Proof of negative results from TB test
- State Central Registry (SCR) clearance
- Dept. of Health fingerprint clearance (DOH)
- Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance (DOE)
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.