Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Data Assessment, Research & Evaluation Department maintains the agency’s client tracking database application (including client demographics, service delivery and outcomes), and agency-wide program dashboards. We train program staff in data entry, and generate reports for agency executive and managers, as well as for funders. We design program evaluation projects (sometimes along with external researchers at universities and research organizations), collect and analyze data, and report on results.
Position: Database Support Specialist
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 2244 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What the Database Support Specialist Does:
- Serve as a Database Support Specialist for the implementation of CAMBA’s electronic case management system for CAMBA’s contracts/programs.
- Perform and coordinate functions related to CAMBA’s electronic case management system on a day-to-day basis.
- Create Application, Management and ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- As new programs emerge, incorporate these programs into the system (creating proper forms and fields to address specific program needs, and training the staff in how to use the system).
- Build and modify question templates/assessments, queries and reports based on program needs.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards using various reporting software (i.e. SQL Server Report Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Manage the creation of new user accounts, new roles, user group security and permissions based on programs’ protocols.
- Document all design and development work.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Computer Science and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of relational databases.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, SQL Server 2008, 2014; SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL Scripts (T-SQL).
- Proficient in creating stored procedures and views.
- Proficient in migrating data across systems/databases.
- Proficient in writing VBA scripts
- Must have a strong knowledge of advance Excel features (creating Macros with VBA code).
- Knowledge of LegalServer is plus.
- Knowledge of electronic case management systems is plus.
- Knowledge of system integrations is plus.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Attend trainings for system administrators on or off site as needed.
- Ability to converse with clients in a language other than English (Haitian/Creole, French, Spanish, Russian, etc.), desirable but not required.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.