Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Data, Assessment, Research, & Evaluation (DARE) Department helps CAMBA make data-driven decisions through:
- Collaborating with program leadership to identify client outcomes for ongoing tracking
- Helping program leaders make meaning out of their data
- Maintaining the agency’s client tracking databases (including client demographics, service delivery and client outcomes)
- Creating program-specific and agency-wide program dashboards
- Training program staff in data entry
- Generate reports for agency executive and managers, as well as for funders
- Designing program evaluation projects (sometimes along with external researchers at universities and research organizations), collecting and analyzing data, and reporting on results
- Providing data to CAMBA’s grant writers to assist with raising funds
Position: Director of Program Evaluation, DARE (Data, Assessment, Research, & Evaluation)
Reports To: Senior Vice President
Location: 2244 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
*Position is Hybrid*
What The Director of Program Evaluation Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to lead a small team of program evaluation professionals.
- Manage workflow of staff, creating team schedules and delegating tasks
- Assess work performance of staff and identify areas for improvement
- Create deadlines and monitor progress toward achieving them
- Ensure that business goals, deadlines and performance standards are met
- Collaborate with program leadership to understand what programs do and what client outcomes they seek to affect
- Identify key indicators of program success, through the creation or modification of logic models, process maps, and other tools
- Gather information from program leadership that informs the creation of data collection instruments such as intake assessments, service plans, case notes, client satisfaction surveys, and other data collection instruments
- Gather information from program leadership about reports needed for various stakeholders (CAMBA executives, funders)
- Collaborate with program leadership to understand the requirements for the implementation of the new programs in CAMBA’s centralized database
- Collaborate closely with the database administration unit within DARE to implement all data collection instruments into one of CAMBA’s centralized data systems, and the creation of needed reports
- Train “super users” and other staff in using CAMBA’s data systems
- Monitor on a regular basis the completeness and quality of data in the systems
- Help program leadership make meaning out of their data
- Create annual (or more frequent) dashboards for each program using data in the centralized data system, or other sources, as needed
- Design and conduct process- and outcome program evaluation projects
- Conduct research on social, economic, housing, educational and other factors relevant to the program areas, including online sources, academic literature reviews and analysis of public datasets
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree and five years of relevant experience. Candidates with supervisory experience of at least two years are preferred.
- Excellent supervisory skills, with the ability to manage small- to medium-size teams
- Advanced Excel skills, including analytic functions (e.g., Pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- Advanced survey design skills using Survey Monkey
- Excellent communication ability both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see the big picture as well as the details
- Collaborative workstyle,
- Ability to translate complex concepts into measurable indicators
- Experience with human services and/or educational organizations
Compensation: $95,000 – $105,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.