Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 160 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Position: Director of Security and Operations
Reports To: Vice President
Location: 196 Amboy Street, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Director of Security and Operations Does:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of security, maintenance and operation staff in accordance with all program goals and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA shelters and external agencies on issues related to client progress and best practices.
- Work with staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Observe direct reporting staff engaging with clients and/or supervisory staff.
- Conduct periodic internal file review and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints).
- Prepare reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic client data to make programmatic improvements.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Confer with the Vice President, and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- Supervisory experience a must.
Compensation: $67,000 – $70,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.