Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s The Kings Inn Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 100 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The two story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
Position: Director of Security and Operations
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: 87-02 23rd Avenue, Queens, NY 11369
What The Director of Security and Operations Does:
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA shelters and external agencies on issues related to client progress and best practices.
- Work with staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Observe direct reporting staff engaging with clients and/or supervisory staff.
- Conduct periodic internal file review and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints).
- Assist the Senior Program Manager in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in his/her absence.
- Prepare reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic client data to make programmatic improvements.
- Confer with the Senior Program Manager, Vice-President, and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets as outlined in DHS’ Performance Incentive Plan.
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- Provide assistance and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients.
- Develop, implement and manage facility security and preventive maintenance plan.
- Oversee and ensure the daily security and maintenance of the facility.
- Conduct scheduling, planning and training of security staff to ensure that security arrangements are compliant with DHS requirements.
- Oversee and/or ensure provision of repairs, improvements, and cleaning of facility on a timely basis.
- Ensure contractual services (i.e., extermination, fire safety system, HVAC) are provided as required.
- Ensure that City and state rules and regulations are adhered to in regards to sanitation, snow removal, sidewalk litter, DHS, FMD, OTDA, FDNY and of State, etc.
- Liaison with community leaders and groups to build connections, gain support and troubleshoot issues/concerns.
- Ensure staff utilization of electronic database and conduct oversight to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct and document one-on-one supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance (i.e. identify training needs, professional development, etc.).
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Senior Program Manager/Vice-President any: monitoring visits or funders’ events; significant events; any incident that might subject CAMBA to liability.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and conduct regular staff/departmental meetings.
- May ensure vehicle, vehicle registration; insurance, inspection, etc. are up to date and maintained.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- F80 certification is required or must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $55,000-$60,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.