Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Evergreen Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 51 families in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent housing.
Position: Director of Social Services
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 1144 Evergreen Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10472
What The Director of Social Services Does:
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of all case management staff and services in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols
- Ensure that newly admitted clients receive social service intake with 48 hours of assignment to case manager.
- Monitor and track client intakes and move-outs utilizing DHS rosters to update the Landing master roster daily.
- Oversee all ACS cases and ensure that monthly tracking forms are completed and submitted to DHS.
- Review and update ACS client rosters.
- Meet with community agencies to assist with high risk case conferences as needed.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress.
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicates this understanding to staff.
- Supervise a minimum of four direct reporting staff and their subordinates to ensure that clients complete tasks (such as gaining entitlements, employment and housing options).
- Work with staff to set and achieve realistic monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements (such as completing ILPs, inspections, monitoring families with children age 0-24 months, ACS, LTS families and housing placements).
- Teach, coach and work with direct staff regarding how to interact with and/or engage clients to maintain entitlements to become eligible for housing subsidies.
- Conduct weekly client progress reviews with staff.
- Conduct periodic internal chart reviews and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Respond to critical incidences that require immediate attention.
- Access client data using various tracking and program databases (i.e. – Client Tracking System (CTS), New York City Way, 4002 System).
- Prepare contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Assist in the analysis of program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Assist the Senior Program Manager in providing oversight for all aspects of the program in his/her absence.
- Confer with the Senior Program Manager, and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Attend staff/funder/outside agency meetings as requested.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with social service staff to address client issues and progress.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Master’s degree and three years of applicable experience, and/or equivalent experience. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Must obtain Annual PPD Test.
Compensation: $65,000 – $70,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.