Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s The Kensington Family Shelter is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 64 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families with the goal of moving them to permanent housing. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured, therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless families are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into permanent and/or supported housing. The five story facility has 4 floors plus a basement with rooms of various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and social services.
The Director of Social Services is a valued member of Kensington’s management team and ensures the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of all case management staff and services. The Director of Social Services is offered clinical supervision as needed, and is offered reimbursement for CEUs.
Position: Director of Social Services
Reports To: Vice President, Kensington Family Shelter
Location: 385 McDonald Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11218
What The Director of Social Services Does:
- Ensure that newly admitted clients receive social service intake with 48 hours of assignment to case manager.
- Monitor and track client intakes and move-outs utilizing DHS rosters to update the Flagstone master roster daily.
- Oversee all ACS cases and ensure that monthly tracking forms are completed and submitted to DHS.
- Conduct periodic internal chart reviews and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Supervise a minimum of four direct reporting staff and their subordinates to ensure that clients complete tasks (such as gaining entitlements, employment and housing options).
- Work with staff to set and achieve realistic monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements (such as completing ILPs, inspections, monitoring families with children age 0-24 months, ACS, LTS families and housing placements).
- Teach, coach and work with direct staff regarding how to interact with and/or engage clients to maintain entitlements to become eligible for housing subsidies.
- Access client data using various tracking and program databases (i.e. DHS CARES).
- Prepare contract reports and statistical information
- Facilitate weekly meetings with social service staff to address client issues and progress.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Master’s degree and three years of applicable experience, and/or equivalent experience. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report
Compensation: $65,000 – $67,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.