Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates five homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. Magnolia House Women’s Shelter services 200 MICA women at any given time.
Position: Director of Social Services
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: 1424 Herkimer Street, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What the Director of Social Services Does:
- The person filling this position is expected to ensure the smooth day-to-day running, coordination and supervision of all case management staff, clinical services, and Recreation programming and activities in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Liaison with medical staff and psychiatric providers (both internal and external) to ensure appropriate service delivery for clients.
- Develop and implement a system to ensure that clients maintain their medication compliance on a weekly basis.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA shelters on issues related to client progress and best practices.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set realistic weekly and monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Conduct periodic internal file reviews and implement Quality Assurance measures as needed to ensure quality service delivery to clients (i.e.-address and investigate client complaints).
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.