Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Park Avenue Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 63 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families.
Position: Assistant Program Director
Reports To: Vice President
Location: 4607 Park Avenue Bronx, NY 10458
What the Director of Social Services Does:
- Ensure that newly admitted clients receive social service intake with 48 hours of assignment to case manager
- Monitor and track client intakes and move-outs utilizing DHS rosters to update the Landing master roster daily
- Oversee all ACS cases and ensure that monthly tracking forms are completed and submitted to DHS
- Review and update ACS client rosters
- Meet with community agencies to assist with high risk case conferences as needed.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicates this understanding to staff
- Supervise a minimum of four direct reporting staff and their subordinates to ensure that clients complete tasks (such as gaining entitlements, employment and housing options)
- Work with staff to set and achieve realistic monthly performance targets in accordance with contract requirements (such as completing ILPs, inspections, monitoring families with children age 0-24 months, ACS, LTS families and housing placements)
- Teach, coach and work with direct staff regarding how to interact with and/or engage clients to maintain entitlements to become eligible for housing subsidies
- Conduct weekly client progress reviews with staff
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Master’s degree and three years of applicable experience, and/or equivalent experience. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy)
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.