Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Human Resources (HR) Department manages all aspects of human resources such as employee benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, employee engagement, performance management and training and development.
Position: Director, Training
Reports To: EVP, Human Resources
Location: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY
What The Director, Training Does:
Training Development, Facilitation & Evaluation
- In collaboration with senior management, formulate agency wide training program based on identified training needs, program and organizational policies and procedures, compliance standards and topics related to social service delivery.
- Develop, design and conduct curriculum based trainings, seminars and workshops for employees of the organization.
- Conduct needs analysis studies and confer with supervisors and managers to determine training needs.
- Select appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation tools, multimedia visual aids, and other instructional materials.
- Maximize functionality and use of learning management system.
- Train and coach assigned instructors and/or managerial staff in effective techniques for training, such as: new employees’ orientation, on-the-job training, health and safety practices, management & leadership development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Establish and maintain a methodology for monitoring the progress of all employees who have been trained.
- As appropriate, ensure required and/or mandatory trainings are completed by requisite staff members.
Training Coordination & Reporting
- Coordinate training schedules, assign participants to workshop/training sessions, and track participation.
- Maintain records and prepare statistical reports to evaluate effectiveness of training sessions and compliance with trainings as appropriate.
- Follow-up with employees and/or managers of same, who have been trained to determine level of on-the-job application of instructional learning.
- As appropriate, coordinate training courses with technical and professional courses offered by other institutions.
Other Administrative Functions
- Assists in other HR departmental and organizational projects as needed and as assigned.
- Support with the development and implementation of new HR programs, procedures and initiatives.
- Immediately escalate and/or report to immediate supervisor, Chief Human Resources Officer, or other appropriate department head any significant events and/or any incident.
- Other duties and projects, as necessary.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five (5) years of similar or relevant experience in a mid-sized (500+ employees) organization.
- Ability to balance shifting priorities and keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Team player with sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software such as Microsoft Word,
- Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access.
- Proficiency with Human Resources Information Systems & Learning Management Systems.
- Training certification.
- Strong customer-service orientation, ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and desire to deliver end to end solutions.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Compensation: -$100,000-$110,000 annually-
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.