Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Cure Violence Program works with 16 – 24 year old at risk youths who are or may have been involved in street violence, community residents, businesses and community-based organizations to implement Cure Violence: The Campaign to Stop the Shooting. Cure Violence is a public health strategy to reduce and prevent shootings and killings. This program will focus on a defined area identified as a “hot spot” in Brownsville, Brooklyn for shooting violence within the 73rd Precinct. The program works to prevent gun violence by: 1) mediating conflicts that may end in gun violence, 2) changing the thinking of individuals who are most at risk of being victims or perpetrators of violence, and 3) working closely with a broad coalition of local partners to promote a visible community-wide message that shooting is unacceptable behavior.
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 1667 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
What The Driver / Outreach Does:
The person filling this position is expected to operate the Brownsville In, Violence Out mobile unit/vehicle to transport passengers such as clients, employees and/or supplies and materials and conduct outreach to community residents in accordance with all program goals, targets, and performance outcomes and all CAMBA and program policies, procedures, and protocols
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish outreach tasks; and to document accomplished tasks.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver’s License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA’s point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized
- 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA’s Transportation Policy.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.