Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Human Resources (HR) Department manages all aspects of human resources such as employee benefits, compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, employee engagement, performance management and training and development.
Position: HR Onboarding Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Talent Management
Location: 1720 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226 (Hybrid schedule)
What The HR Onboarding Coordinator Does:
- Pre-Employment Onboarding
- Commence the onboarding process by creating and sending welcome emails with information regarding background, employment physical, etc. to external, internal hires, and status changes.
- Launch the Pre-employment process to complete all required clearances per regulatory requirements – including but not limited to fingerprints, SCR, DOH/PETS, DOE, DCJS, OMH, OCA, Exclusion List Vendor, TB screening, health assessment, employment & education verifications, references, etc.
- Verify licenses and conduct verification of degrees/diplomas/certifications.
- Ensure all applicable recruitment trackers are maintained and updated on a daily basis.
- When necessary meet with the candidate on-site to provide technical support with onboarding documentation.
- Inform Director of Talent Manager or other appropriate manager in HR, of matters needing management review which arise during the pre-employment process.
- Communicate with Program Managers/ Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management if candidate is not meeting deadlines or non-responsive.
- Follow onboarding and notification procedures with appropriate departments (e.g., hiring manager, IT and Payroll) to ensure new employees are set-up with the necessary resources, scheduled for new hire orientation (NHO) and their required documents due.
- Utilize onboarding checklist to confirm all clearances were completed and all required documents have been collected for the employee file.
- Send welcome email, along with the corresponding training schedule/agenda to all new hires before they start.
- Work with Director of Talent Management as necessary in relation to candidate requests, changes of start date, and any background results in question.
- Post-Employment Onboarding
- Ensure all new hires have completed new hire wizards and have been added into the HRIS.
- Maintain electronic file documentation and update as necessary.
- Ensure new employees have received CAMBA ID.
- Ensure I-9 E-Verify is completed, and escalate any E-Verify findings or compliance issues to the Director of Talent Management.
- Coordinate with program managers to ensure that the hire has the required equipment from IT – laptop, cell phone, etc.
- Support New Hire Orientation or other activities as needed.
- Other Activities
- Work with the HR team to assist with any activities related to ensuring compliance with onboarding & documentation procedures.
- Support any compliance or audit needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee information.
- Assist with review and preparation of employee files for various internal and external audits
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education, Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); basic math to accomplish maintenance tasks and to document accomplished tasks.
Minimum Experiences and Skills Required:
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably in a mid-sized (250+ employees) organization.
- Basic analytical & math skills.
- Good written & verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Computer literacy in other Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems & Applicant Tracking System.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, or undergraduate degree.
- Proven success in delivering an exceptional candidate experience.
- Strong customer-service orientation, ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and desire to deliver end to end solutions.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation: $45,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.