Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Human Resources (HR) Department manages all aspects of human resources and administrative functions such as on-boarding, employee benefits, compensation, recruitment, interviewing, hiring new staff in accordance with all regulatory policies and requirements, and performance measurement/appraisal. The Human Resources Department’s goals are to enhance employee morale and productivity, limit job turnover, effectively use employee skills/knowledge/abilities, provide training and development opportunities to improve those skills, and increase employees’ job satisfaction.
Position: Recruiter I
Reports To: Director of Talent Acquisition
Location: 1720 Church Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11226
What The Recruiter Does:
- Recruiting, screening, and interviewing potential employees across multiple levels and roles.
- Working with a variety of sources, both external and internal, to source best candidates for open positions.
- Working with hiring managers to make candidate determinations and manage the recruitment life-cycle.
- Prepare and execute job offers.
Minimum Education / Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Resources or related field
- One year of recruitment experience and/or equivalent experience
- Ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and adapt within a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.