Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Administration-Support Staff provides a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary for the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of the organization.
Position: Inventory Clerk
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 20 Snyder Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11226
What The Inventory Clerk Does:
- Perform basic clerical and/or program related tasks.
- Maintain professional relationships with staff, clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Receive and distribute supplies to various programs throughout the agency.
- Fill out package received forms after cross referencing items purchased; ensure packing slip is stamped received and signed and forward slips to Program Manager as scheduled.
- Review purchase orders to identify programs for delivery, and indicate on inventory delivery destination.
- Log inventory of deliveries/packages received ensuring accuracy before signing off on deliveries.
Maintain accurate supply inventory for entire agency and notify Program Manager of new and ongoing needs.
- Send paperwork to the Purchasing Dept. upon receipt of supplies/ deliveries.
- Maintain accurate files of paperwork of all orders (i.e. – copies of Purchase Order forms, Program Request forms and package receipts).
- Keep track of back orders and notify Purchasing Department within 3 weeks.
- Assist in packing up the agency’s vehicle to deliver supplies to various sites.
- Assist delivery people (i.e., USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, etc.) with receiving and transporting deliveries, as requested.
- Maintain log of all sites that received supplies.
- Create and maintain delivery schedule of supplies.
- Ensure inventory site is neat, orderly and easily accessible.
- May enter data into automated management information system and maintain up-to-date file system.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over a period of time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and Outlook.
- Lift and move boxes up to 40lbs.
- Strong typing a must.
- Must have Valid New York State Driver’s License and excellent driving history.
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years.
- Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBA’s point system throughout the duration of employment.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA’s Transportation Policy.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.