Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Learning to Work (LTW) Program will provide services to 150-225 students, ages 15-21 who are over-aged for grade, under-credited, and have spent at least one year in another high school to earn a high school diploma and gain valuable vocational and life skills supports. Using the Primary Person Model, each student will have a Career Advocate who will: guide students towards removing barriers toward graduation, engage students in college preparatory activities, provide supportive services, and increase self-direction and self-sufficiency through meaningful career exploration experiences, including subsidized internship placements for 75 students.
Position: Job Developer
Reports To: Program Director
What The Job Developer Does:
- Develop and maintain employer relationships with the goal of identifying and meeting their HR needs.
- Match appropriate students with appropriate internship openings and arrange for interviews.
- Inform prospective employers and student applicants of the features and advantages of CAMBA’s internship placement services.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Associate’s degree and/or applicable experience, Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school.
Compensation: $42,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.