Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Job Developer
Reports To: Director of Social Services
Location:39 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
What The Job Developer Does:
The person filling this position is expected to develop and maintain employer relationships with the goal of identifying and meeting their HR needs. Match appropriate clients with appropriate job openings and arrange for interviews and persuade both prospective employers and client applicants of the features and advantages of CAMBA’s job placement services, with the goal of placement and a view toward long-term retention; including the following:
- Research and regularly initiate contact with potential employers daily obtaining as much information on the position as possible.
- Research and keep up to date on labor market information, economic data and hiring trends to creatively target and develop emerging opportunities.
- Provide client support in tailoring resumes and cover letters, coaching for in demand adaptive soft skills acquisition, conducting mock interviews, and assisting with job applications.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and conduct group job prep to job seekers to increase their chances of employment.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, complete narrative documentation of client progress and employer relationships, at each point of contact, including resumes, interviews and employer feedback, and placement and retention data for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports, in computerized client and employer tracking systems.
Minimum Education/ Experience Requirement:
- High School diploma or G.E.D and two years of applicable experience or Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and/or equivalent experience.
Compensation: $45,000 – $48,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.