Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Facility Coordinator
Location: 39 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
What The Maintenance Worker Does:
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, common areas and other work areas.
- Make repairs, paint, and perform other upkeep functions to maintain the organization’s physical facilities, and clients’ apartments.
- Load, unload, and carry furniture, client belongings and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed.
- Clean exterior grounds around building and dumpster.
- Fulfill courier/messenger tasks in addition to maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education/ Experience Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks; and to document accomplished tasks.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $15.30 hourly
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.