Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Facility Coordinator
Location: 39 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
What The Maintenance Worker Does:
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, common areas and other work areas.
- Make repairs, paint, and perform other upkeep functions to maintain the organization’s physical facilities, and clients’ apartments.
- Load, unload, and carry furniture, client belongings and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed.
- Clean exterior grounds around building and dumpster.
- Fulfill courier/messenger tasks in addition to maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education/ Experience Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks; and to document accomplished tasks.
- May be required to become First Aid/CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.