Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Cornerstone Program: CAMBA administers services at 9 Community Centers across Brooklyn. All Cornerstone programs are run in partnership with other community organizations to provide education, recreation, cultural activities, health information and screenings, youth leadership and social services to the neighborhood’s students, their families, and other residents.
Position: Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Program Director
Location: Brownsville & East New York
What The Maintenance Worker Does: The person filling this position is expected, to:
- clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, common areas and other work areas.
- Sweep, vacuum, scrub, mop, wax, polish and/or buff floors.
- Make repairs, paint, and perform various tasks to maintain the organization’s physical facilities.
- Load, unload, and carry furniture and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed.
- Clean exterior grounds, sidewalks and dumpster.
- Fulfill courier/messenger tasks in addition to maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education/ Experience Required:
Sufficient education and technical expertise: to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks; and to document accomplished tasks.
- Dept. of Health, Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
All CAMBA Education and Youth Development staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in compliance with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements for DYCD-funded programs.
To apply, please click this link Maintenance Worker, CAMBA Cornerstone Program