Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Short Term Housing Program: CAMBA’s Short Term Housing Program (STHP) provides 35 units of congregate and transitional housing to PLWHA who are homeless or at serious risk of homelessness. There are 10 clients residing at CAMBA’s congregate facility located at 23 Winthrop Street and 25 clients living in community apartments. There are 7 families and 9 share units. Program staff will ensure that all apartments are in close proximity to public transportation and accessible to other amenities such as health care, shopping, laundry and other necessary services. STHP housing program provides a model of service that addresses the interrelated problems of HIV and homelessness. Through a congregate residence at 23 Winthrop, and the apartments in the community, we provide transitional housing, case management support, and housing readiness training in a supportive environment, which will help clients develop the skills to find and maintain permanent, stable housing.
Position: Maintenance Worker/Driver
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 19 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Maintenance Worker/Driver Does:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice universal precautions.
- Ensure that vehicle is properly serviced in accordance with maintenance schedule.
- Perform daily pre-trip vehicle inspection prior to first trip of the day.
- Immediately report vehicle and/or equipment that are inoperable, missing or improperly utilized.
- Complete vehicle travel log for all trips.
- Assist passengers needing assistance in order to enter and/or exit vehicle.
- Keep vehicle clean and/or free of litter at all times.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas.
- Perform weekly room inspections for all congregate housing units.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Transport trash and waste to disposal area and consolidate for pickup.
- May assist clients in maintaining an appropriate living environment.
- May polish metalwork, including lighting fixtures.
- May wash walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
- May replenish bathroom supplies.
- May cut and trim grass, and shovel snow.
- May make minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- May paint interiors of buildings.
- May escort clients to appointments.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise: to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks; and to document accomplished tasks.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and at least one year of experience working with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
Compensation: -$35,000 annually-
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week) including weekends-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.