Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates three homeless shelters funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing. Specifically, CAMBA’s Atlantic House Shelter located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 single men at any given time. The majority of these clients are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse. The Park Slope Shelter for Women serves 70 MICA (mentally ill chemical abusing) women at the Park Slope Armory in Brooklyn. The Broadway Women’s House Shelter in Bushwick serves 165 women, approximately 37 of whom are mentally ill and chemically addicted.
Position: Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Supervisor
Location: 2402 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11223
What the Maintenance Worker Does:
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, dorms, common areas and other work areas.
- Sweep, vacuum, scrub, mop, wax, polish and/or buff floors.
- Make repairs, paint, and perform various tasks to maintain the organization’s physical facilities.
- Load, unload, and carry furniture and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed.
- Clean exterior grounds, sidewalks and dumpster.
- Fulfill courier/messenger tasks in addition to maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise: to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders); to accomplish maintenance tasks; and to document accomplished tasks.
- If required to drive, must have a Valid New York State Driver’s license and excellent driving history.
Compensation: – $15.30 hourly –
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.