Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Park Slope Shelter serves 100 MICA women. CAMBA’s Shelters, temporarily housing single men, women and families, are among the most successful in NYC, resulting in placement of thousands of homeless clients in permanent and transitional housing. Recent increases in capacity, awarded by NYC DHS, have resulted in expanded professional opportunities in these Brooklyn facilities.
Position: Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: Park Slope Shelter for Women (1402 Eighth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11215)
What The Maintenance Worker Does:
Operate a variety of company vehicles to transport passengers such as clients, employees, and/or supplies and materials; Make repairs, paint, and perform other upkeep functions to maintain the organization’s physical facilities, and clients apartments; Load, unload, and carry furniture, client belongings and supplies up stairs and move furniture and supplies as needed; Clean exterior grounds around building and dumpster; Fulfill courier/messenger tasks in addition to maintenance tasks.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Sufficient education and technical expertise to comprehend written and oral instructions (work orders).
- Must complete NYS Approved Defensive Driving Classes every 3 years. Must take Refresher Computerized Defensive Driver class.
- Must remain insurable based on CAMBAs point system throughout the duration of employment. If required to drive 15 passenger van, must score at least 80% on computerized 15 passenger van improvement test every year.
- If required to drive 15 passenger van, must pass an observed Van Road Test.
- Acknowledge review of CAMBA’s Transportation Policy.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $15.30 hourly
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.