Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and support they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
The IT Department provides reliable, practical, and cost-effective information systems support to the CAMBA staff.
Position: Network Administrator
Reports To: VP of IT
Location: 1720 Church Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Network Administrator Does:
- Perform software distribution and updates with WSUS/System Center/group policy and diagnostics.
- Manage and implement network infrastructure: switches/routers/firewalls/virtual and physical servers, as well as reporting functions.
- Provide technical assistance to CAMBA staff via telephone, as requested.
- Troubleshoot server hardware, standard software applications throughout CAMBA.
- Recover critical data and functions from the server.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or a related field. Four years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to lift / carry 50-75 pounds (computer equipment being taken in / returned from repair; new equipment being installed).
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.