Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
James Bryant Homes is a building which was developed and is operated by the Addiction Rehabilitation Center Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit agency. James Bryant Homes is a residential building located on East 129th street and the corner of Madison Avenue in the East Harlem section of Manhattan. The facility will provide 32 units of supportive housing to homeless or at-risk of homelessness, single adults (age 18 and over) diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI) or who are diagnosed as mentally ill and chemically addicted (MICA), currently known as persons with co-occurring disorders. CAMBA, Inc. is the on-site services provider at James Bryant Homes and provides case management and 24/7 security
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 2027 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10035
What The Nurse Does:
- Deliver nursing services consistent with diagnosed treatment plan set forth by staff
- Perform health assessments to identify new symptoms.
- Teach and counsel tenants about maintenance of health and prevention of illness or complications.
- Conduct group sessions and/or workshops with tenants (i.e., smoking cessation, HIV/AIDS, medication awareness, diabetes, hypertension, etc.) to address medical and mental health needs.
- Consult with others both inside and outside of CAMBA to determine causes of tenant problems and effect solutions.
- Create and maintain tenant files (i.e., medical notes, tenant medication lists, prescriptions, hospital discharge plans, etc.) and make file copies.
- Conduct Quality Assurance of tenant’s charts.
- Follow-up on corrective actions identified in charts’ reviews.
- Recommend closing of cases in which tenants have: (a) achieved primary goals and have maintained stability for a period of months; or, (b) have not demonstrated a willingness to participate in the process (lost-to-service); or, (c) have become ineligible for services (e.g. moved out of area).
- Attend training and conferences to ensure continuous professional development and current knowledge of healthcare.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
Licensed Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse and 2 years of applicable experience. Associate’s Degree (A.A.) preferred.
- Experience working with those living with chronic illness or living in a special needs setting.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.