Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
HASA NY/NY III Scattered Site Housing Program: This program provides 50 units of scattered-site supportive housing to chronically homeless single adults who are persons living HIV/AIDS or are clients with symptomatic HIV who are receiving cash assistance from the City and who suffer from co-existing serious and persistent mental illness, a substance abuse disorder, or a Mentally Ill Chemical Abuse (MICA) disorder. Clients’ spouses and domestic partners can live there but no minor children, adult children and friends are allowed to live with clients. HASA is the sole referral source for this program. Staff will provide case management and other supportive services to enable clients to achieve the skills and financial independence necessary for independent living.
Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports To: Program Supervisor
Location: 19 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Operations Coordinator Does:
- Identify studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartments for eligible clients that meet funder habitability standards.
- Obtain and prepare new leases and/or renewal leases with the required documentation in order to process documents in a timely manner.
- Submit leases for review to Program Manager/ Program Director in a timely manner.
- Ensure that apartment units are ready prior to occupancy.
- Coordinate with utilities companies to activate utilities.
- Act as liaison between Case Managers, maintenance workers, and the Fiscal Department to address various issues i.e. housing plans, maintenance work/repairs, and fiscal issues.
- Submit weekly vacancy status report on unit activity in program.
- Collect and track all client programmatic fee/rent payments.
- Keep track of expiration dates of leases.
- Process and review work orders in work order system. This includes but is not limited to assigning new work orders to driver/maintenance staff, following up on work orders that are completed by the landlords and closing out completed work orders. All CAMBA staff completed work orders must be signed by clients and staff who completed the work.
- Coordinate and schedules works orders with residence managers of all Winthrop housing programs to accommodate each program needs and goals.
- Provide driver/maintenance their daily work assignments. Problem solves issues driver/maintenance staff may encounter during their work day. Collects completed work assignments at the end of staff shifts to ensure work was completed accurately.
- Review all utility bills and submit to Fiscal Department on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate and attend all program moves to ensure client related issues are addressed accordingly.
- Investigate clients’ complaints of unpaid utility bills; case conference with case manager and client, if necessary.
- Conduct regular inspections of client rooms/apartments in congregate site and/or community-based apartments with assistance from other program staff (i.e., security personnel).
- Maintain accurate records (i.e. furniture, maintenance supplies, food, office stock) on premises and/or in community-based apartments,
- Request Emergency Assistance to assist clients in paying clients’ portion of utility bills, if needed.
- Respond immediately to emergencies and inform supervisor.
- Participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- May escort clients to necessary appointments to ensure rent payments, active benefits and entitlement, and apartment viewings.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and two years of applicable experience; or, Associates degree (A. A.) and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and experience working with, housing systems, facilities management, and maintenance needs.
- May need to address emergencies outside of regular business hours – i.e. evenings, overnight, and weekends.
Compensation: – $48,000 annually-
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)-
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.