Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Apex Place is a series of 3 residential buildings located in the Forest Hills neighborhood of Queens. The project consists of 44 formerly homeless residents in three buildings, arriving as each building leases up; approximately 18 in the first building, 12 in the second and 14 in the third. with CAMBA, Inc. providing the on-site services
Position: PT Case Manager
Reports To: Program Manager
Locations: 62-11 108th St, Forest Hills, NY 11375
What the Case Manager Does:
- Aid individuals and/or families requiring social service assistance.
- Interview and evaluate tenants and formulate Independent living plans.
- Locate and provide access to appropriate community resources for tenants.
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Review all documentation establishing tenants’ eligibility for program and make file copies.
- Conduct initial intake and assessment of tenants and tenants’ families’ needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with tenants, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term tenant goals.
- Monitor tenants’ progress toward their goals via regularly scheduled telephone contact and/or face-to-face visits, and document via progress notes.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (e. g., B.A., B.S.W.) and experience working with the Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill (SPMI) population, and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be fingerprinted and obtain Criminal History Checks” (CHC) with Justice Center for the Protection of Vulnerable People with Special Needs.
- Ability to maintain fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- As a Mandated Reporter, you must immediately report suspected incidents/cases of abuse and neglect to the Vulnerable Persons Central Register (VPCR) Hotline at 1-855-373-2122 and complete a CAMBA Incident Report.
- Flexible hours may be needed occasionally to provide shift coverage until 8 pm.
Compensation: $24.73 hourly
Status: Part-time (17 hours per week)
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.