Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Evergreen Family Residence is funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services and offers families a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe and drug-free facility. It provides comprehensive case management services to 51 families in a transitional residence program for homeless families. The five story facility has rooms for various sizes, common areas and provides on-site security and socials services to stabilize their conditions in order to successfully transition into permanent housing.
Position: Part Time Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1144 Evergreen Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10472
What The Part Time Shift Supervisor Does:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and maintain client confidentiality.
- Access client data using the HRA Public Assistance System and DHS 4002 system as needed.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Monitor clients’ progress toward their goals (dates achieved) and document via progress notes.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work of residence staff to ensure client success.
- Coordinate and facilitate groups and trainings.
- Investigate all complaints and/or incidents.
- Monitor Clients’ safety and ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced daily.
- Plan and organize program activities to maximize program contract’s goals and performance targets.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- May conduct initial intake or assessment of clients and/or client’s families and periodic reassessments.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
- May be required to become First Aid/ CPR certified.
- May be required to become certified in overdose prevention.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Status: Part Time (14-21 hours per week)