Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors, and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross-section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Youth Empowerment Services (YES) Bed Stuy partnership is a cross-sector partnership to provide meaningful education and employment opportunities with the goal of creating financial security and economic mobility for our participants. We provide out-of-school and out-of-work young adults of the Bed Stuy neighborhood ages 18 to 24 years old with essential skills training, professional credentialing, wraparound services, and meaningful employment opportunities.
Position: Community Liaison II
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
What The Resource Coordinator Does:
- Assess young adults for YES Bed Stuy membership and support them with referrals
- Coordinate with the partnership’s Youth Committee
- Support social media, website, and other marketing and communications
- Keep information on young adults and outcomes up-to-date in the partnership database
- Meet regularly with the partnership and maintain current knowledge of programs and services for referrals
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High School Diploma / HSE
- Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent college credits preferred.
- 2 years of Youth Development Experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain:
- Doctor’s note certifying good health
- Proof of negative results from TB test
- State Central Registry (SCR) clearance
- Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance (DOE)
- Must have access to a computer and reliable internet and phone service.
- Knowledge and interest in database management.
Compensation: $27.20 hourly