Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Young Adult Empowerment Services (YES) Bed Stuy partnership is a cross-sector partnership to provide meaningful education and employment opportunities with the goal of creating financial security and economic mobility for our participants. We provide out-of-school and out-of-work young adults of the Bed Stuy neighborhood ages 18 to 24 years old with essential skills training, professional credentialing, wraparound services, and meaningful employment opportunities.
Position: Partnership Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager
Location: 955 Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY 11226
What The Partnership Coordinator Does:
- Serve as YES Bed Stuy’s primary point of contact and ambassador for young adults in Bed Stuy.
- Engage with community partners and in local events and activities to stay on top of real-time needs for youth and the Bed Stuy community.
- Assess young adults for YES Bed Stuy membership and support them with warm referrals to education and training programs, case management and supportive services, professional development and leadership events, and alumni supports.
- Research and identify potential local partnerships and develop relationships with those organizations and entities where we may conduct outreach and/or refer potential clients for benefits or services.
- Coordinate with the partnership’s Youth Committee.
- Field and triage youth concerns to the partnership.
- Support social media, website, and other marketing and communications.
- Keep information on young adults and outcomes up-to-date in the partnership database.
- Meet regularly with the partnership for supervision and to maintain current knowledge of programs and services for referrals.
- Manage interns conducting administrative and other supportive duties.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Act as liaison with agency, school administration and city agencies, and may attend community meetings some evenings and weekends.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. plus 2 years of Youth Development Experience. Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent college credits preferred.
- Must obtain Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; doctor’s note certifying good health; proof of negative results from TB test.
- Must have access to a computer and reliable internet and phone service.
- Knowledge and interest in database management
- Commitment to the YES Bed Stuy mission statement.
- Familiarity with the Bed Stuy neighborhood and local institutions.
- Familiarity with the youth development or workforce field and institutions, including professional or lived experience.
- Interest and/or experience in working with young adults.
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- A comfort with independent work and decision-making.
- A comfort with youth-facing marketing tools, including social media and technology.
Compensation: – $27.20 hourly
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Part-time (25 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.