Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today
PROGRAM(S): CAMBA’s Flagstone Family Center provides comprehensive case management services to 160 families who are in a Tier II transitional residence program for homeless families. The facility consists of eight (8) four (4) story walk up apartment buildings on the east and west sides of the street. There will be two main entrances: one for the east side of the street and one for the west. Each building contains 20 apartments of varying sizes, each fully self-contained.
Position: Per Diem Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: 199 Amboy Street, Brooklyn NY 11212
What the Per Diem Shift Supervisor Does:
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day functions of the facility ensuring programming, rounds, and client care services are occurring.
- Implement strategies for effective team performance.
- Professionally respond to complaints, incidents and emergencies and/or incidents and interview all parties, analyze, collect data, document and report the situation.
- Resolve individual conflicts and disputes between staff or clients in a respectful and solution based manner.
- Lead and participate in program meetings as requested.
- Engage clients to address issues that arise on the shift and document and communicate via written logs, face-to-face meetings etc. to ensure appropriate staff are aware.
- Monitor clients’ safety and ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced daily.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients, direct reporting staff, and supervisors/funders.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/semester/annual reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- In the absence of adequate staffing, will have direct service/program responsibility in addition to the above.
- Enforce and adhere to the Good Neighbor Policy and respond to community concerns when appropriate.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
Must sign NYC DOH/MH attestation stating that candidate has not been the subject of a founded child abuse report.
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Per Diem (On Call)
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.