Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Magnolia House located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn serves 200 single women at any given time. The majority of these clients are diagnosed with mental illness, some dually with chemical addictions.
Position: Per Diem Shift Supervisor
Reports to: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 1424 Herkimer Street Brooklyn, NY 11233
What The Per Diem Shift Supervisor Does:
The Shift Supervisor is expected to ensure the smooth running and supervision of all facility/operations-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all client goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Additional responsibilities are included but not limited to:
- Ensure security and residential aide and social service staff conduct new client orientation within 24 hours of entry into the facility.
- Ensure the safety and security of operations of the facility by maintaining adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure inventory of security equipment is up to date.
- Ensure security of valuables and medications in safe/cabinet.
- Retrieve, observe and document client’s self-administration of medications, as appropriate.
- Utilize performance management systems to encourage the ongoing communication process with direct staff in order to develop, enhance, sustain, and improve the employees’ work performance.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day functions of the facility ensuring programming, rounds, and client care services are occurring.
- Professionally respond to complaints, incidents and emergencies and/or incidents and interview all parties, analyze, collect data, document and report the situation.
- Resolve individual conflicts and disputes between staff or clients in a respectful and solution based manner
Minimum Education/Education Required:
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree and 2 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain and maintain F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification
- Must obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in overdose prevention.
- Must obtain and maintain CPI (Crisis Prevention) certified
Compensation: $23.94 hourly
Status: Per Diem