Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Opportunity House (COH) is a 62 bed men’s general population shelter funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services located in downtown Brooklyn. COH offers clients a supportive, structured therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless men are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into to permanent and/or supported housing.
Position: Per Diem Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: 59-65 Prince Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11201
What the Per Diem Shift Supervisor Does:
- Access client data using the SCIMS as needed.
- Administer constructive discipline to direct reporting staff, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with clients, direct reporting staff, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Conduct Quality Assurance and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate and facilitate groups and trainings.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work of residence staff to ensure client success.
- Coordinate/conduct nightly rounds to monitor the facility.
- Conduct supplemental screening for curfew violators of 30 days or more.
- Conduct referral screenings of new admission packages to identify clients that meet COH criteria.
- Develop program content for ADL staff.
- Encourage teamwork among direct reporting staff as well as among peers.
- Investigate all complaints and/or incidents.
- Lead and participate in administrative and staff meetings as requested.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be responsive and available to work on-call shifts as needed.
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Certification in overdose prevention preferred.
- F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification preferred.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention) certified preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $23.94 hourly
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Per Diem-
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.