Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Rising Up Men’s Shelter is a 141 bed men’s employment shelter located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. This shelter will provide an array of services with a strong focus on connections for residents to achieve stable employment to lead to permanent housing.
Position: Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Director
Location:39 Ainslie Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11211
What The Shift Supervisor Does:
- Ensure the smooth running and supervision of all facility/operations-related staff and services on a day-to-day basis, in order to ensure that all client goals, targets, and performance outcomes are met on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Ensure security and residential aide and social service staff conduct new client orientation within 24 hours of entry into the facility.
- Ensure the safety and security of operations of the facility by maintaining adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure inventory of security equipment is up to date.
- Ensure security of valuables and medications in safe/cabinet.
- Retrieve, observe and document client’s self-administration of medications, as appropriate.
- Utilize performance management systems to encourage the ongoing communication process with direct staff in order to develop, enhance, sustain, and improve the employees’ work performance.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day functions of the facility ensuring programming, rounds, and client care services are occurring.
- Professionally respond to complaints, incidents and emergencies and/or incidents and interview all parties, analyze, collect data, document and report the situation.
- Resolve individual conflicts and disputes between staff or clients in a respectful and solution based manner
Minimum Education/Education Required
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree and 2 years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be responsive and available to work on-call shifts as needed.
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Certification in overdose prevention preferred.
- F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification preferred.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention) certified preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.