Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s The Kensington Family Shelter provides comprehensive case management services to 64 families who are in a transitional residence program for homeless families.
Position: Per Diem Shift Supervisor
Reports To: Assistant Program Manager
Location: The Kensington Family Shelter, 385 McDonald Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11218
What The Per Diem Shift Supervisor does:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Input client data using DHS’ CARES database, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with clients, peers, supervisors, and funders.
- Ensure regulatory compliance is met per NYS DHS, NYS OTDA, NYC FDNY, NYC Dept. of Health, NYC Coalition for the Homeless, etc, is adhered to. (i.e., log book entries, bed checks, client belongings, security, client care, medication, etc).
- Ensure security and residential aide and social service staff conduct new client orientation within 24 hours of entry into the facility.
- Ensure the safety and security of operations of the facility by maintaining adequate staffing levels.
- Must remain on-site to provide supervisory coverage at all times, including lunch breaks, when working shifts as the only on-site Shift Supervisor.
- Ensure inventory of security equipment is up to date.
- Ensure security of valuables and medications in safe/cabinet.
- Retrieve, observe and document client’s self-administration of medications, as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day functions of the shift ensuring programming, rounds, and client care services are occurring.
- Professionally respond to complaints, incidents and emergencies and/or incidents and interview all parties, analyze, collect data, document and report the situation.
- Resolve individual conflicts and disputes between staff or clients in a respectful and solution based manner.
- Participate in program meetings as requested.
- Engage clients to address issues that arise on the shift and document and communicate via written logs, face-to-face meetings etc. to ensure appropriate staff are aware.
- Monitor clients’ safety and ensure safety policies and procedures are practiced daily.
- Overcome resistance to change from clients.
- Provide all required information for shift reports to CAMBA management and/or to funders.
- In the absence of adequate staffing, will have direct service/program responsibility in addition to the above.
- Enforce and adhere to the Good Neighbor Policy and respond to community concerns when appropriate.
- May conduct initial intake or initial and/or periodic assessments of clients
- May reach out and market the program to the community in order to obtain resources for clients.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- HS Diploma or GED and 3 years applicable experience, or Associate’s degree (A.A.) and 2 years applicable experience, or Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.W.) and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be responsive and available to work on-call shifts as needed.
- First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Certification in overdose prevention preferred.
- F-80 Fire Safety Coordinator certification preferred.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention) certified preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
Compensation: $23.94 per hour
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Per Diem
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.