Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
PROGRAM(S): Beacon Community Centers: CAMBA administers school based Beacon community centers at P.S. 269 in East Flatbush and at I.S. 271 in Ocean Hill-Brownsville and at I.S. 166 in East New York. All Beacon Centers are run in partnership with other community organizations to provide education, recreation, cultural activities, health information and screenings, youth leadership and social services to the school’s students, their families, and other neighborhood residents. Activities and services are available after school, evenings and on weekends, and reach more than 4,000 people per year.
Position: Program Director
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
Location: 800 Van Siclen Avenue, Brooklyn NY 10027
What The Program Director Does:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to: (1) manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external clients and/or the community; (2) has understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff; and (3) participate in program design; including the following:
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress and best program practices.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Develop and document all program activities.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance measures to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Ensure that all client files and program files are kept in compliance with CAMBA’s and funder’s standards.
- Coordinate and supervise programmatic activities of direct reporting staff.
- Observe direct reporting staff engaging with clients and/or supervisory staff.
- Conduct client and program progress reviews with staff.
- Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Analyze program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
- Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Confer with the Senior Program Manager and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Participate in staff/funder/outside agency meetings as requested.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Senior Program Manager any: monitoring visits or funders’ events; significant events; any incident that might subject CAMBA to liability.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain Dept. of Health, Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; doctor’s note certifying good health; proof of negative results from TB test; Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school
Compensation: $60,000 – $64,000 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.