Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA operates five single adult homeless shelters and one single adult drop-in center, funded by New York City Department of Homeless Services. Each shelter offers clients a supportive, structured, therapeutic, safe, and drug-free facility. Homeless (often mentally-ill and substance-abusing) men and women are provided with comprehensive services to stabilize their condition in order to successfully transition into permanent and/or supported housing. The Gathering Place located in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn is a drop-in center serving 75 homeless men and women.
Position: Program Director
Reports To: Vice President
Location: 2402 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11233
What the Program Director Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external clients and/or the community.
- Understand all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Participate in program design.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Clearly communicate both CAMBA’s and funders’ policies, requirements, guidelines, and program performance targets to staff.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA shelters and external agencies on issues related to client progress and best program practices.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance measures to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Conduct client and program progress reviews with staff.
- Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of, contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Ability to be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Compensation: $75,000 – $80,000 annually
Status: –Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.