Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
CAMBA’s Data, Assessment, Research & Evaluation (DARE) Department maintains the agency’s client tracking databases (including client demographics, service delivery and outcomes), and agency-wide program dashboards. We train program staff in data entry, and generate reports for agency executive and managers, as well as for funders. We design program evaluation projects (sometimes along with external researchers at universities and research organizations), collect and analyze data, and report on results.
Position: Program Evaluation Associate
Reports to: Director of Program Evaluation
Location: 2244 Church Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11226
*Position is Hybrid*
What The Program Evaluation Associate Does:
- Design data collection instruments such as forms, surveys, focus group protocols, interviews, and observation guides.
- Collect data from program staff and clients/participants using data collection instruments.
- Analyze data, including administrative data collected in the process of program operations.
- Lead data co-interpretation sessions and meet with program staff on a regular basis to discuss data.
- Report results in writing, visually (e.g., infographics), and orally.
- Generate and provide reports on participant characteristics and success indicators to program staff, agency executives and others, as needed.
- Recommend actions to promote continuous program quality improvement.
- Review data in CAMBA’s databases, conduct data quality assurance, and interact with program staff to improve data quality.
- Train program staff to review data and identify systemic issues with data quality.
- Create program or site level dashboards based on clean data gathered from databases, reports and program staff. Follow data visualization protocols in dashboard creation.
- Assist with the development and documentation of all department projects.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in education, a social science discipline (e.g., psychology, sociology), public health or social work and two years of applicable experience in program evaluation or social science research and/or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods: Literature review, survey design, focus groups and interviews, data collection and analysis.
- Experience with statistical data analysis software (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS) and/or advanced Excel skills, including analytic functions (i.e., Pivot tables, formulas, etc.).
- Excellent writing ability.
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative workstyle, excellent communications skills, and the ability to translate complex concepts into measurable indicators.
- Experience with human services and/or educational organizations.
- Knowledge of health-related social services is a plus.
Compensation: $65,000.00-$70,000.00 annually
When salary ranges are listed, the range would represent the low and high end for the applicable position & program. The salary offered would be based on various factors unique to each program and candidate. This includes but is not limited to experience, education, budget and/or program size, internal equity, skills and other factors that may be required for the position and organization.
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.
CAMBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.