Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Citywide Scattered Site Housing Program: CAMBA’s Citywide Scattered Site Housing Program provides a total of 52 units of scattered site housing to chronically homeless individuals with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI). The apartments are located throughout New York City. Program clients receive case management services. Clients contribute 30% of their income to rent.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 220 West 167th Street, Bronx, NY 10452
What The Program Manager Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community.
- Has understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Participate in program design.
- Participate in start up activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation etc.
- Access community resources for clients.
- Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress and best program practices.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field and 5 years of relevant experience. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Experience with special needs populations, those living in a supportive housing facility, shelter or other similar facility.
- Experience working in clinical supervision.
- Experience developing and facilitating groups.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.