Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
This position will oversee three supportive housing programs. Dumont Green is a building which was developed and is operated by The Hudson Companies, a for-profit housing developer. This building is a newly constructed 8 story building with 176 affordable rental apartments and a live-in super in the East New York section of Brooklyn. CAMBA will have a master lease for 33 family units and 3 single units. All of CAMBA’s clients will be formerly homeless and referred by DHS. Rockaway Avenue Supportive Housing Program provides 8 units of supportive housing to families, chronically homeless families, or families at serious risk of becoming chronically homeless, where the head of the household suffers from a substance abuse disorder, a disabling medical condition, or HIV/AIDS. Rugged Cross is a newly constructed 50 unit supportive housing building located in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn. Rugged Cross will provide permanent supportive congregate housing for 27 formerly homeless individuals with special needs including Serious and Persistent Mental Illness, Mental Illness/Chemical Addiction, HIV/AIDS and substance abuse disorders. CAMBA will master lease 27 units in this building and provide on-site case management services.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: This position travels between three Supportive Housing Programs located in Brooklyn.
Dumont Green: 1490 Dumont Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11208
Rockaway Avenue: 730 Rockaway Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212
Rugged Cross: 12 Patchen Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221
What the Program Manager Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community.
- Has an understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Participate in program design, develop and document all program activities and community resources for tenants.
- Interface with the Director of Housing Operations or the property management company to ensure the building is clean and operating efficiently.
- Participate in startup activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation. Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance measures to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Analyze program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Senior Program Director any: monitoring visits or funders’ events; significant events; any incident that might subject CAMBA to liability.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Experience in clinical supervision, housing issues and working with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and other special needs.
- Experience developing and facilitating groups and Knowledge of supportive housing services operations.
- Must obtain, and maintain throughout duration of employment, State Central Registry (SCR) clearance or sign employee attestation if SCR is not available.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA.