Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
HRA Scattered Site Housing Program provides 60 units of scattered-site supportive housing to chronically homeless single adults and adult families with family members who have a serious mental illness or substance use disorder, including those who may have a co-occurring serious mental illness and substance use disorder. CAMBA’s Justice Involved Supported Housing Initiative (JISH) provides 30 units of scattered site supportive housing to homeless individuals with a probable mental health illness and/or a substance use disorder, with recent histories of cycling through the NYC criminal justice and shelter system. Supportive services are provided in an effort to support clients maintain housing by being connected to services needed such as medical, mental health, substance abuse treatment, as well as benefits, legal, etc
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 19 Winthrop Street, Brooklyn, NY 11225
What the Program Manager Does:
- Manage one or more programs which require contact with internal and external individuals and/or the community.
- Has understanding of all aspects of contract requirements and communicate this understanding to staff.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress and best program practices.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Develop and document all program activities.
- Interface with the Director of Housing Operations or the property management company to ensure the building is clean and operating efficiently.
- Participate in startup activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation etc.
- Access community resources for clients.
- Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Senior Program Director any: monitoring visits or funders’ events; significant events; any incident that might subject CAMBA to liability.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master’s degree with relevant experience preferred. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Knowledge about, understanding of, and ability to work closely with, persons with HIV/AIDS and related issues.
CAMBA is a City contractor that provides services where employees can be expected to physically interact with members of the public. All CAMBA staff are subject to the City’s October 21, 2021 COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, whether they have direct involvement with members of the public, or they support others who have direct involvement.
All new hires must provide proof of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons. If you are offered employment at CAMBA, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation is received and approved by CAMBA