Who We Are: CAMBA is a community of staff, volunteers, clients, donors, neighbors and partners who work together to build an inclusive New York City, where all children and adults have access to the resources and supports they need to thrive. We take a comprehensive approach by offering more than 160 integrated programs in: Education & Youth Development, Family Support, Job Training & Employment Support Services, Health, Housing, and Legal Services. We reach more than 65,000 individuals and families each year at our 90 locations, including 10,000 youth. CAMBA serves a diverse cross section of New Yorkers from new mothers in Brownsville to job seekers in the Rockaways. More than half of our clients are immigrants and refugees from around the globe. Over 85% of our families are in living in poverty, reflecting the challenges faced by nearly 1.7 million New Yorkers today.
Livonia Commons is a supportive/affordable housing development located in the East New York section of Brooklyn developed by Dunn Development. Livonia Commons Apartments will provide affordable housing for low-income working families at 50% or 60% of Area Median Income along with 43 units set aside for formerly homeless individuals who are Population A (SPMI/NYNY III) eligible. These units will be master leased by the non-profit social services provider, CAMBA, Inc. CAMBA will provide on-site supportive services including case management and 24/7 front desk security services. Amenities include a community room with a kitchen, a library/computer room, a tenant garden, laundry and a children’s play area. This project is a true public-private partnership with land contributed by the City of New York coupled with subsidies provided by the State of New York and private bank financing.
Position: Program Manager
Reports To: Program Director
Location: 21 494 Georgia Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11207
What The Program Manager Does:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Communicate with peers in other CAMBA programs on issues related to client progress and best program practices.
- Work with direct reporting staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
- Develop and document all program activities.
- Interface with the Director of Housing Operations or the property management company to ensure the building is clean and operating efficiently.
- Participate in start up activities including marketing and lease up, program development and implementation etc.
- Access community resources for clients.
- Ensure that all apartment vacancies are filled within 4-6 weeks.
- Oversee all program operations and manage direct reporting program staff and their subordinates.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance measures to ensure quality service delivery to clients.
- Ensure that all client files and program files are kept in compliance with CAMBA’s and funder’s standards.
- Coordinate and supervise programmatic activities of direct reporting staff.
- Observe direct reporting staff.
- Conduct program progress reviews with staff.
- Prepare, review and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of, contract reports and statistical information for both CAMBA management and funder use.
- Analyze program and demographic data to make programmatic improvements.
- Oversee onsite and organize offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff.
- Confer with the Senior Program Director and/or other CAMBA management staff as needed regarding programmatic and personnel issues.
- Complete incident reports when required
- Participate in staff/funder/outside agency meetings as requested.
- Review and sign time sheets.
- Prepare performance appraisals for direct reporting staff.
- Immediately report to the appropriate Senior Program Director any: monitoring visits or funders’ events; significant events; any incident that might subject CAMBA to liability.
- May interact with funders.
- May make hiring and firing recommendations to appropriate Senior Program Director/Executive Vice-President (in consultation and agreement with Human Resources).
- May have direct client service/program responsibilities in addition to the above.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
- Licensed Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field. (A license is required of these Master’s Degrees: Social Work (LMSW or LCSW), Mental Health Counseling, Counseling/Guidance, Art Therapy).
- Experience in clinical supervision, housing issues and working with individuals with mental illness, substance abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and other special needs.
- Experience developing and facilitating groups.
- Knowledge of supportive housing services operations.
Compensation: $70,000-$75,000 annually
Status: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Benefits: CAMBA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off (vacation, personal, and sick time), and paid holidays.